Senior Medical Science Liaison (Eastern U.S. Region)
Remote (Eastern U.S. Region)
- Samumed, LLC is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Medical Science Liaison (SrMSL) to join its Medical Affairs Team.
- The SrMSL will be responsible for developing professional relationships with thought leaders, clinical investigators, and academic centers through provision of scientific information and disease state education related to Samumed products.
- Strong therapeutic expertise and experience, especially in immunology, dermatology, and/or orthopedics is desirable.
- The SrMSL will be focused on late phase products as the Samumed portfolio develops.
- Regionally-based and reporting to a regional Director MSL, the SrMSL will also support Home Office projects and teams.
- For this position, the supported territory will include the eastern U.S., with a home base preferentially located in the NY metro area, Boston, or Philadelphia.
- Peer to peer relationships: Identify and develop relationships with thought leaders, investigators, and health care professionals to expand scientific, advisory and educational partnerships. Travel as necessary to achieve Medical Affairs objectives (estimated 60% travel)
- Scientific Communication: Provide product and disease area expertise to address complex questions from internal and external customers. Assist with development of scientific materials and tools as necessary.
- Scientific exchange: Represent Samumed at regional/national congresses, meetings, and advisory boards, communicate product science. Deliverables include summaries of disease state knowledge, key insights, and meeting interactions.
- Regional territory strategy and management: Under the direction of the Director MSL, develop regional strategy and identify unmet needs, especially with late phase products.
- Support internal stakeholders: Support the internal Medical Affairs Team with data presentation development and other teams’ (Clinical Development, HEOR, Commercial) projects.
- Insight collection: Collect scientific insights and observations from external stakeholders and critically analyze their relevance to medical and business objectives.
- Pharm D, PhD or MD Degree
- 2-3 years MSL experience in a relevant specialty within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements for field based personnel
- Knowledge and experience of working with regional thought leaders
- Strong, demonstrable comprehension and analytical skills with complex clinical data along with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communications skills and high attention to detail, both written and verbal. Compelling and engaging presentation ability. Proficiency in MS Office software
- Previous project management experience, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Extensive experience of working in cross matrix, cross functional teams
- Ability to travel regionally (regularly) and nationally
Please submit your resume or additional inquiries to email@example.com