Scientific / Medical Communications Associate
San Diego, CA
- Samumed is currently looking for a Medical Communications Associate to join the team.
- The Medical Communications Associate will participate in the production and review of medical communications for congresses, journals and scientific exchange.
- S/he will primarily support the Medical Affairs team and will interface with the Preclinical, Clinical and Biostatistics functions when necessary.
- S/he will provide operational support for scientific review and copy approval, ensuring timely deliverables against deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to understand medical and scientific content are essential.
- The Medical Communications Associate will work across multiple therapy areas.
- Reporting to Sr. Director of Medical Affairs, the position is a full-time role in Samumed’s San Diego office.
- Coordination of Scientific Review Committee: Development and maintenance of timelines for document generation, revisions and sign-off for final versions
- Document submissions: Responsible for all conference abstract and manuscripts submissions with necessary formatting and copy edit of text and figures
- Creation of Medical Resources:
- Contribute to creation of scientific exchange tools such as slide presentations
- Edit scientific and medical communications, including abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts to support multiple therapeutic areas
- Ensure quality control review of documents prior to external communication
- Assist Corporate Resource Development: Aid development and maintenance of writing tools, templates and style manuals. Aid in digital media content production and design
- Master’s level scientific degree from a recognized academic institution. Bachelor’s level with relevant experience will also be considered
- Strong, demonstrable comprehension of scientific and medical data
- High attention to detail in written and oral communications
- High proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and Excel software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with graphic design, graphing software, reference managers
- Project management experience with proven ability to deliver projects to deadlines
- Ability to work in cross matrix, cross functional teams with excellent interpersonal skills under tight deadlines
Please submit your resume or additional inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org