Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Biology
San Diego, CA
- We are seeking a responsible, dynamic, creative and highly motivated Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to join our R&D division to perform in vitro assay development and compound screening.
- This position is a full-time position in the company’s San Diego headquarters.
- Title dependent upon experience.
- Perform tissue culture work including mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Design, develop, optimize and execute novel high-throughput screening assays. Develop and execute assays on robotic screening platforms and evaluate screening data in collaboration with the research team members.
- Perform routine profiling of compounds in cell-based and biochemical assays across several research programs.
- Perform cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, high-content imaging, luminescence, etc. based assays.
- Assist in the design and execution of in vitro experiments (plate-based and/or flow cytometry) and molecular assays (PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, ELISA) as necessary.
- Development of primary cell and cell-line based co-culture assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection, as necessary.
- Plan and execute scientific experiments as required.
- Analyze and document experimental data in electronic notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the company rules.
- Present scientific data to colleagues and assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations (presentations, posters, publications).
- Perform additional general duties to support the safe and efficient operation of the laboratory as required.
- B.S./M.S. degree in biology or a related discipline and a minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Competency in conducting mammalian cell culture is required.
- Basic knowledge of cell biology, molecular sciences and genomics/proteomics.
- Prior experience with assay development and miniaturization to screening platforms is preferred.
- Prior experience with static and acoustic compound transfer, advanced liquid handling systems, reporter gene assays, homogeneous time resolved fluorescence, high content imaging, and cell-based phenotypic screens is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, planning, record keeping, and data analysis abilities are required.
- The ability to work independently and to collaborate with a multi-disciplined group in a goal- and team- oriented setting is required.
- Must be a team-player, punctual and reliable, dependable and flexible in adapting to change in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced work environment
- Candidates should be highly organized and have competent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Please submit your resume or additional inquiries to email@example.com