Associate Director / Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research
San Diego, CA
- Samumed is looking for a strategic and dynamic individual to fulfill in-house Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) functions.
- Samumed recognizes the need to ensure strategies are in place to support payer coverage and develop value propositions and communications plans in order to optimize patient access.
- This in-office role will be an integral part of the Medical Affairs team and will liaise closely with the commercial team, particularly Market Access.
- The successful candidate will be counted upon to create and implement key HEOR elements toward the overall Samumed payer strategy.
- This position will report to the SVP of Medical Affairs and offers significant opportunity for future growth within a unique and growing organization.
- The specific job title will be dependent upon experience.
- This individual will set the strategies for the HEOR function and will be accountable for managing HEOR projects from inception to completion for all phases of research.
- This will encompass the overall evidence generation plans, research designs, project management, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of HEOR evidence, and the communication of appropriate HEOR data to be used in support of Samumed product coverage, including the following:
- Developing value proposition, associated messages, data and support materials/programs which effectively convey the value of Samumed products as a support to attain and optimize their price, coverage and reimbursement
- Leading and participating in research activities including cost-of-illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, cost-effectiveness and cost-utility studies, budget impact modeling, naturalistic prospective evaluations, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes (PRO) research, and decision-analytic modeling, while integrating relevant clinical, market, and payer perspectives
- Assessing cross-functional needs for data and analytic tools in the US and globally, provide input into economic, patient-reported, and other patient and payer-centered outcomes and composite endpoints in Phase II/III/IV clinical trials
- Developing and executing initiatives across multiple relevant customer channels, including commercial and government payers, pharmacy benefits managers, specialty pharmacy providers and health care providers
- Serving as a critical team member with relevant Payer Advocacy organizations, associations and meetings (AMCP, NAMCP, PCMA, ISPOR, etc.)
- Managing appropriate vendors, data warehouses and agencies to ensure alignment to Samumed strategy and SOPs, while operating in a cost-effective manner
- Leading the development of the global HEOR communication and publication plans in support of early- and late-stage portfolio and inline products. This will also include oversight of the development of HEOR communications (e.g., manuscripts, scientific forum presentations, slide decks) to build peer-reviewed, published evidence supporting value propositions for individual products, therapeutic areas or in support of policy needs
- Ensuring adequate functional HEOR support for Account Management and Medical Science Liaisons through the development, deployment, and appropriate use of Medical Scientists field tools and resources, and the relevant scientific positioning and evidence-based data that support customer messages in these tools
- Providing access to and ability to engage with key clinical opinion leaders and HEOR experts and facilitate the building of relationships for the entire HEOR team via collaboration on various projects. Provide HEOR support at advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings
- Championing materials and programs through the internal scientific review process
- Contributing to decisions on approaches to price and coverage
- Min 5 years (Associate Director level) – 10 years (Director level) of HEOR and significant managed markets experience with demonstrated leadership roles.
- MS, PhD., PharmD, MD, MPH, or relevant advanced education and/or experience in health services research, epidemiology, health policy, economics or related field
- Proven understanding of the US commercial and government payer landscape for Part B products. Knowledge of US government and commercial payers including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities' decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues will be vital
- Previous experience in therapies or the treatment of osteoarthritis / pain / oncology are preferred, as are previous experience with physician-administered specialty injectables
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to align internal cross-functional stakeholders and achieve results through collaboration
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate strategy and ideas, both verbally and written,
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, proven track record of effectively and efficiently driving performance, strong ability to build alignment and collaborative working relationships
- Proven project management experience, demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities.
- Primary research experience with quantitative study design and analytical skills a PLUS.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to travel in the US (and occasional potential global travel).
Please submit your resume or additional inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the complete title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Emails that do not include this information will be disregarded.